Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I Second That Emotion

(posted by Dan)

I just wanted to second Irrelephant's "Bravo" with one of my own. It's really a wonderful essay. And "Close," for all of our thousands (millions?) of readers who might be interested, is an excellent story. I don't think either of them is perfectly polished (though "Close" is closer), but then again neither is anything I've ever written, and they have a charge to them--in that they're actually compelling to read--that's pretty rare. There are a lot of writers out there who can write finely polished prose, but not so many who have anything interesting to say with their elegant sentences. You can't really teach that, you have to live it.

I also have many interesting things to say, naturally, and I apologize for not saying so many of them in the past two weeks. I'll try to get back into form.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the info

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the info

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home